Oracle has made a bold foray into reimagining healthcare experiences with the launch of transformational new AI solutions with Oracle Healthcare AI. From virtual assistants to generative capabilities, Oracle’s healthcare technology suite aims to streamline clinician workflows and enrich patient interactions by leveraging diverse AI techniques. This includes the introduction of a voice-activated digital assistant that can understand medical jargon and free overburdened staff from repetitive administrative tasks. Oracle is also providing an advanced natural language processing model to extract insights from unstructured clinical data.
Combined with Oracle’s vast healthcare data assets through Cerner, the new AI suite marks a major leap in Oracle Healthcare’s AI mission to reshape healthcare through innovation. With competition heating up in healthcare cloud services, Oracle’s robust new AI offerings provide differentiation and underscore the company’s commitment to transforming healthcare with leading-edge technology.
Conversational AI assistant
- Voice-activated virtual assistant understands medical terminology
- Helps automate administrative tasks like scheduling, documentation
- Clinicians can retrieve patient info and records conversationally
- Works across modalities – voice, chat, messaging
- Automates mundane workflow tasks to save clinicians time
- 24/7 availability for patient questions and appointment requests
- Virtual assistants reduce the burden on human staff
- Provides omnichannel patient self-service options
NLP for clinical data
- Advanced NLP and ML techniques to analyze unstructured data
- Extract information from clinician notes, radiology reports, etc.
- Surface relationships and meaning from narrative text
- Identify risk factors, diagnose conditions, determine protocols
- Can process handwritten and audio content also
- Augments clinician decision-making with data-driven insights
- Enables personalized medicine tailored to the patient
- Improves accuracy of administrative datasets like billing
- Provides tailored guidance for preventive care
- Patient engagement for appointment reminders, care plan adherence
- Recommends specialized tests based on clinical history
- Medication recommendations factoring gene markers, allergies
- Follow-up visit recommendations based on risk factors
- Keeps patients on track through personalized nudges
- Levels the playing field regarding access to best practices
Improved clinical decisions
- Analyzes patient history across facilities and sources
- Assesses the likelihood of adverse events, readmissions
- Care pathway optimization and protocol recommendations
- Blood test analysis to predict complications
- Identifies gaps in care and preventive services
- Second opinion on diagnosis and treatment options
- Radiology scan analysis for anomalies
- Safer care and reduced costs through data-driven insights
- Automating administrative and documentation tasks
- 24×7 availability for patient questions and appointment setting
- Conversational access to patient data rapidly
- Extracting insights from unstructured clinical data
- Patient guidance and care coordination support
- Enriched clinician decisions with data analysis
- Faster workflows and reduced clinician burnout
- Better resource optimization and lower costs
- On-demand access to state-of-the-art diagnosis assistance
- Latest medical research and protocol knowledge available instantly
- Reduces gaps in care quality across facilities
- Especially benefits smaller, underserved providers
- Allows community doctors same tools as leading experts
- Updates guidance automatically based on the latest evidence
- Enables clinicians to deliver best-in-class care consistently
- Levels the playing field so location doesn’t restrict patient care
Data privacy and security
- Strict user access controls and permissions
- Patient data encrypted end-to-end
- Anonymization used in analytics and data mining
- Conforms to healthcare regulations like HIPAA
- Data access logs available for auditing
- Meets the highest enterprise cloud security standards
- Deployable fully on-premise or in the patient’s environment
- Keeps healthcare data safe and compliant
Ease of integration
- APIs allow easy integration into existing workflows
- Modular components deployable in phases
- Connectors for EHR, medical devices data ingestion
- Standards-based for interoperability across apps
- Cloud-native architecture provides flexibility
- Designed for clinician workflow optimization
- Vendor-agnostic integration across the healthcare tech stack
- Easily customizable for healthcare organizations’ needs
- Models trained on the latest medical research findings
- Real-world feedback loops enhance accuracy
- Tools to monitor model performance over time
- Refinements to address new conditions and edge cases
- Rapid iterations and deployment of improvements
- Fixes issues through centralized model updates
- Analytics dashboard to assess usage and satisfaction
- Ensures AI capabilities remain effective and helpful
Oracle’s robust new suite of AI-powered solutions demonstrates a deep commitment to transforming healthcare through cutting-edge technology. By combining conversational assistants, advanced natural language processing, personalized insights, and workflow automation, Oracle Healthcare AI has enormous potential to improve patient experiences and clinician effectiveness. Democratizing expertise, integrating seamlessly into existing systems, and ensuring the highest levels of security will be key to driving adoption across healthcare organizations.
As AI capabilities continue to mature through real-world validation and feedback, Oracle is strategically positioned to lead the next wave of digital transformation in healthcare. By leveraging its proven enterprise technology strengths through purposeful AI applications, Oracle Healthcare AI can help raise global healthcare to new standards.
Q: How will Oracle use AI in healthcare?
A: Oracle aims to use AI to improve clinician workflows, provide data-driven insights and recommendations, and enable personalized patient engagement.
Q: What is Oracle’s conversational AI assistant?
A: It is a voice-activated virtual assistant that can understand medical terminology and automate administrative tasks.
Q: How does Oracle Healthcare AI Cloud work?
A: It integrates Oracle’s healthcare data assets and applications through API-based interoperable modules.
Q: What companies use Oracle Healthcare AI Cloud?
A: Customers include MedStar Health, Houston Methodist, Partners HealthCare, and others.
Q: Does Oracle Healthcare AI have experience?
A: Yes, through Cerner acquisition Oracle gained vast healthcare data and domain expertise.
Q: Is Oracle Cloud secure?
A: Yes, Oracle Cloud offers enterprise-grade security and is HIPAA, PCI DSS, and ISO certified.
Q: Is Oracle cheaper than AWS?
A: Oracle often prices competitively vs. AWS but provides higher resource guarantees.
“AI will enable breakthrough advances in areas like healthcare, education, agriculture, transportation, and more.” – Sundar Pichai